Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Improve Your Modem Speed

Bookmark and Share


I've got annoyed with my connection speed. Sometimes it getting slower and I don't know why. I'm trying to find out the problem. I think it caused by the modem. Because today's modems automatically fall back to a lower speed if the line noise is too high to maintain a faster connection, but sometimes they fall back too soon or too far. Maybe that's why I experienced this problem. I've found some tricks to fix this one.
Here's how to do it:
  1. Click Start the button.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Control Panel.
  4. Double-click on the Modems icon.
  5. Select your modem.
  6. Click the Properties button.
  7. Click the Connections tab.
  8. Click the Advanced button.
  9. In the "Extra settings" field, type S36=7
  10. Click OK to save your settings.
This will force your modem to try to stay connected at high speeds in two different ways before dropping back to an asynchronous mode with auto speed buffering. This trick maybe not working in some modem. If it does not working just restore it to default settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

video games games game download video game pc games pc games download